Grades 1 to 6 only
Located in the Midnapore Elementary school, the Midnapore OOSC offers after school care for students grade 1 to 6 attending Midnapore Elementary.
Please call 403-254-0288 or email Midnapore OOSC for more information.
The Midnapore Out of School Care (OOSC) is a not-for-profit, licensed program operating September through to June only in the Midnapore School. The OOSC is based on the philosophy that all children will have a well-supervised, safe and secure environment, which encourages the development of self-esteem, self-sufficiency, self-discipline and cooperation. Our environment is set up with a variety of interest centers and recreational opportunities that allow children to initiate, decide and follow through on their choice of activity. Our program also meets the social, intellectual, physical, creative and emotional needs of each child.
Hours of operation are Midnapore School dismissal time until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, beginning first day of school in September to the last day of School in June.
Note: Parents need to provide an after school snack (if needed), and daily lunch and snacks on non-school/early dismissal days.
2020/2021 School Year
If you would like to be put on our waitlist for care, please contact Jennifer at 403-254-0288 or email email@example.com.
- Registration form filled out in full, please ensure all parts with an * have been filled out on the front page; waiver forms have been signed; parents have initialed that they have read all policies; have initialed all parts and signed the fee agreement page (see below under DOWNLOADS)
- $75 non-refundable registration fee, paid by cheque or credit card
- Must have a form of payment on file (credit card or post-dated cheques), NO EXCEPTIONS!
Fees for the Term are on a per child basis and are as follows:
Components Grade 1 – 6:
|Registration Fee||$75.00 (non-refundable/non-transferable)|
$60.00 Surcharge for non-school days *
|Before & After Care||
Includes non-school days *
|Morning Care Drop In||$15.00/drop in|
* Refer to parent handbook for closure dates
- Midnapore OOSC services Midnapore School only
OOSC runs September through to June
|School Dismissal||Monday – Friday, 6:00 p.m.|
7 – 8:30 a.m. @ Mid-Sun
8:35 a.m. – 6 p.m. @ Midnapore School
For more information about our OOSC programs, please contact Kathy Babineau, Childcare Director or 403-256-4422
- For information on Government Subsidy: http://www.child.alberta.ca/home/1153.cfm
- Calgary Immigrant Woman’s Association- CIWA: https://www.ciwa-online.com
- Offer – language training programs, bridge to work programs, employment support, family counselling, parenting programs, youth programs, etc.
- Sage Centre & Rosedale Hospice: https://www.hospicecalgary.ca
- Offer grief counselling and support groups for children
- School Websites (for calendars, dismissals, etc.):
- Midnapore School: http://school.cbe.ab.ca/school/Midnapore/Pages/default.aspx
- Father Whelihan: https://www.cssd.ab.ca/schools/fatherwhelihan/Pages/default.aspx
- Mother Teresa: https://www.cssd.ab.ca/schools/motherteresa/Pages/default.aspx
- Care Find: https://www.carefind.ca
- For locating child care in your community
- ELCC & Community Development: https://toppkids.com/events/category/health-safety-series/
- Community based workshops for families and children (first aid, home alone courses, parenting workshops, etc.)
- Food Bank: https://www.calgaryfoodbank.com/
- For families to access food is necessary
- Alberta Health Services: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca
- South Calgary Health Centre, all services
- My Health Alberta https://myhealth.alberta.ca/
- Calgary Police Services: https://www.calgary.ca/cps/Pages/Community-programs-and-resources/Community-Services.aspx
- Children’s Cottage Society: http://childrenscottage.ab.ca/
- For families in crisis
- Parent Link: https://www.alberta.ca/parent-link-centres.aspx
- Free resources and support for families