Midnapore Elementary Out of School Care
Grades 1 – 6 Only
Located in the Midnapore School, the Midnapore OOSC offers After School Care for students grade 1 to 6 who attend the Midnapore School. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Midnapore Out of School Care (OOSC) is a not-for-profit, licensed program operating September through to June only in the Midnapore School. The Midnapore OOSC services Midnapore School only.
2022/2023 School Year
If you are interested in registering, please email email@example.com. Registration will begin in May for the 2022-2023 school year for currently registered families having priority.
- Create a online Mid-Sun account through our registration system, ActiveNet (Click Here).
- Register your child and pay the $75 non-refundable/transferrable per space registration fee by following the link provided by email. Only those approved by the Midnapore OOSC Manager are allowed to register fore this program. If you register without approval, you will be immediately removed and refunded.
- Complete the registration form that will be emailed to you once your registration fee is paid (we receive an email confirmation once fee is paid. Form is NOT located on the website.).
- Return completed registration form with your form of payment (even families on Subsidy must supply a form of payment for the parent portion of the monthly fees). Please ensure to place your credit card information on your Mid-Sun ActiveNet Account or drop off post-dated cheques at the time of registration. Must have a form of payment on file (credit card or post-dated cheques), NO EXCEPTIONS!
The Mid-Sun Community Child Care Programs are based on the philosophy that all children will have a well-supervised, safe, and secure environment, which encourages the development of self-esteem, self-sufficiency, self-discipline and cooperation. Our environment is set up with a variety of interest centers that allow children to initiate, decide and follow through on their choice of activity while following an emergent curriculum. The Educators of the Mid-Sun Community Child Care Programs engage with families to provide a positive, appealing, inclusive and diverse environment for the children while being accountable to all participants.
Hours of operation are Midnapore School dismissal time until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, beginning first day of school in September to the last day of school in June.
* Refer to parent handbook for closure dates
|School Dismissal||Monday – Friday until 6:00 p.m.|
|Non-School Days||7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. @ Mid-Sun (unless otherwise stated)|
8:35 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. @ Midnapore School
Note: Parents need to provide an after school snack (if needed) and daily lunch and snacks on non-school/early dismissal days.
Fees are on a monthly, per child basis and are as follows:
|Registration Fee||$75.00 (non-refundable/non-transferable)|
$60.00 surcharge for non-school days *
|Before & After Care||$550.00|
No additional charges for non-school days
|Morning Care Drop In||$15.00/drop in|
Subsidy: If you feel that you may qualify for subsidy, you can access the link below or go to www.child.alberta.ca for more information. If applying for subsidy, the Program ID is 80000138 (Mid-Sun Community Child Care Midnapore Elementary).
- Families must provide Subsidy Approval Notice to the program or the full month’s payment may be applied.
Government Subsidy Information: For information on how to apply for child care subsidy
Calgary Immigrant Woman’s Association: Offers language training programs, bridge to work programs, employment support, family counselling, parenting programs, youth programs, etc.
Sage Centre & Rosedale Hospice: Offer grief counselling and support groups for children
Midnapore School Website: For school specific information, calendars, staff directory, etc.
Care Find: For locating child care in your community
ELCC & Community Development: Community based workshops for families and children (first aid, home alone courses, parenting workshops, etc.)
Food Bank: For families to access food if necessary
Alberta Health Services: South Calgary Health Centre, all services
Children’s Cottage Society: For families in crisis
Parent Link: Free resources and support for families