*Located in Midnapore Elementary the Mid-Sun Community Child Care offers after school care for students grade 1 to 6 attending Midnapore Elementary.
Please call 403-254-0288 or email Midnapore OOSC for more information.
The Midnapore Out of School Care (OOSC) is a not-for-profit, fully accredited, licensed program operating September through to June only in the Midnapore Elementary School. The OOSC is based on the philosophy that all children will have a well-supervised, safe and secure environment, which encourages the development of self-esteem, self-sufficiency, self-discipline and cooperation. Our environment is set up with a variety of interest centers and recreational opportunities that allow children to initiate, decide and follow through on their choice of activity. Our program also meets the social, intellectual, physical, creative and emotional needs of each child.
Hours of operation are Midnapore Elementary School dismissal time until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, beginning first day of school in September to the last day of School in June.
Note: Parents need to provide an after school snack (if needed), and daily lunch and snacks on non-school/early dismissal days.
Registration for 2019/2020 School Year:
Registration Dates for 2019/2020 School Year
- Monday, May 6th, 2019: Priority registration for families who are currently registered and who attended 3 or more weeks of 2018 summer day camps per child at the Mid-Sun Community Centre.
- Please fill out the registration form in full and drop it off with Jennifer during pick up at Midnapore Out of School Care by 6p.m.; must pay $75 registration fee by cheque or credit card on file; priority for the 2020-2021 Out of School Care Registration will be given to those who attend 3 or more weeks per child of 2019 Summer Day Camps)
- Tuesday, May 7th, 2019: Registration for currently registered families
- Registration begins at 9a.m. at the Mid-Sun Community Centre; will be first-come, first-served until 6p.m. or until spaces are all gone.
- Numbers will be available in the Mid-Sun Community Centre lobby beginning at 7a.m.. Please take a number, one per family.
- We will begin calling numbers at 9a.m (please follow the signage at the Community Centre to know where you must be)
- You must be present when your number is called or you will be required to take a new number and you will lose your original place in line.
- Please ensure you have the correct form (Registration Form 2019-2020- Midnapore), and have it fully filled out and payment ready, if not you will lose your spot in line.
- Wednesday, May 8th, 2019: Open to outside families for Midnapore OOSC
- Begins at 10a.m. at the Mid-Sun Community Centre (only if spaces are available).
- If the program is full, please contact us to be placed on the waitlist.
NOTE: Forms will NOT be available on site at time of registration
Requirements of Registration
- Registration form filled out in full, please ensure all parts with an * have been filled out on the front page; waiver forms have been signed; parents have initialed that they have read all policies; have initialed all parts and signed the fee agreement page (see below under DOWNLOADS)
- $75 non-refundable registration fee, paid by cheque or credit card
- Must have a form of payment on file (credit card or post-dated cheques), NO EXCEPTIONS!
- PARENT HANDBOOK 2019-2020
- Registration Form 2019-2020- Midnapore
- Registration Package for Families 2019-2020
Fees for the Term are on a per child basis and are as follows:
- Non Refundable/Non-transferable Registration Fee: $75.00
- Components Grade 1 to 6:
- Morning Care: $140.00/month – no option of non-school days
- After Care: $370.00/month – $40.00 Surcharge for non-school days *
- Before/After Care: $510.00/month – includes non-school days *
- Morning Care Drop In: $15.00
*Refer to parent handbook
- Midnapore OOSC Sevices Midnapore Elementary only
School dismissal – 6:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
Non-School Days: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
For more information about our OOSC programs, please contact Kathy Babineau, Childcare Director or 403-256-4422
** For more information on Government Subsidy visit the following link: http://www.child.alberta.ca/home/1153.cfm