We are currently developing our relaunch strategies for reopening in September 2020.
The Mid-Sun Out of School Care (OOSC) is a not-for-profit, licensed program operating September through to June only in the community of Midnapore. The Mid-Sun OOSC is based on the philosophy that all children will have a well-supervised, safe and secure environment, which encourages the development of self-esteem, self-sufficiency, self-discipline and cooperation. Our environment is set up with a variety of interest centres and recreational options that allow children to initiate, decide and follow through on their choice of activity. Our program also meets the social, intellectual, physical, creative and emotional needs of each child.
Mid-Sun OOSC services families kindergarten to grade six from Midnapore Elementary and St. Teresa of Calcutta School. Children will be transported via walking to and from their respective schools daily.
- Kindergarten Parents need to provide a daily lunch
- Parents of children in Grades One to Six need to provide lunch on non-school days
- All children will need to bring their own snacks daily.
Registration for 2020/2021 School Year:
Please email email@example.com for any registration inquiries you may have.
- Registration form filled out in full, please ensure all parts with an * have been filled out on the front page; waiver forms have been signed; parents have initialed that they have read all policies; have initialed all parts and signed the fee agreement page (see below under DOWNLOADS)
- $75 non-refundable registration fee, paid by cheque /credit card
- Must have a form of payment on file (credit card or post-dated cheques), NO EXCEPTIONS!
Fees for the Term are on a per child basis and are as follows:
|Registration Fee||$75.00 (non-refundable/non-transferable)|
|Components Grade 1 – 6|
|Morning Care||$180.00 + $10.00 PPE Surcharge = $190.00/month|
|After Care||$400.00 + $10.00 PPE Surcharge = $410.00/month
$60.00 surcharge for non-school days *
|Before & After Care||$525.00 + $10.00 PPE Surcharge = $535.00/month
Includes non-school days *
|Kindergarten||$820.00 + $10 PPE Surcharge = $830.00/month|
* Please refer to Parent Handbook for closure dates
* All children must be fully independent regarding bathroom use
Children in Grades 1-6:
- Midnapore Elementary (Before care only)
- St. Teresa of Calcutta School
Children in Kindergarten:
- Midnapore Elementary
- St. Teresa of Calcutta School
Monday to Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (September through to June)
For information on our Mid-Sun OOSC programs, please contact Kathy Babineau, Childcare Director or call 403-256-4422
- For information on Government Subsidy: http://www.child.alberta.ca/home/1153.cfm
- Calgary Immigrant Woman’s Association- CIWA: https://www.ciwa-online.com
- Offer – language training programs, bridge to work programs, employment support, family counselling, parenting programs, youth programs, etc.
- Sage Centre & Rosedale Hospice: https://www.hospicecalgary.ca
- Offer grief counselling and support groups for children
- School Websites (for calendars, dismissals, etc.):
- Midnapore School: http://school.cbe.ab.ca/school/Midnapore/Pages/default.aspx
- Father Whelihan: https://www.cssd.ab.ca/schools/fatherwhelihan/Pages/default.aspx
- Mother Teresa: https://www.cssd.ab.ca/schools/motherteresa/Pages/default.aspx
- Care Find: https://www.carefind.ca
- For locating child care in your community
- ELCC & Community Development: https://toppkids.com/events/category/health-safety-series/
- Community based workshops for families and children (first aid, home alone courses, parenting workshops, etc.)
- Food Bank: https://www.calgaryfoodbank.com/
- For families to access food is necessary
- Alberta Health Services: https://www.albertahealthservices.ca
- South Calgary Health Centre, all services
- My Health Alberta https://myhealth.alberta.ca/
- Calgary Police Services: https://www.calgary.ca/cps/Pages/Community-programs-and-resources/Community-Services.aspx
- Children’s Cottage Society: http://childrenscottage.ab.ca/
- For families in crisis
- Parent Link: https://www.alberta.ca/parent-link-centres.aspx
- Free resources and support for families