Mid-Sun Out of School Care
Kindergarten to Grade 6
Registration for 2022/2023 School Year
Please email email@example.com for any registration inquiries you may have.
- Create an online Mid-Sun Account using our registration software, ActiveNet (Click Here).
- Registration form completed. Please ensure all parts with an * have been completed on the front page; waiver forms have been signed; parents have initialed that they have read all policies; have initialed all parts and signed the fee agreement page (see forms below under downloads).
- $75.00 non-refundable/transferrable registration fee is paid by cheque or credit card
- Must have a form of payment on file (credit card or post-dates cheques). NO EXCEPTIONS!
The Mid-Sun Community Child Care Programs are based on the philosophy that all children will have a well-supervised, safe, and secure environment, which encourages the development of self-esteem, self-sufficiency, self-discipline and cooperation. Our environment is set up with a variety of interest centers that allow children to initiate, decide and follow through on their choice of activity while following an emergent curriculum. The Educators of the Mid-Sun Community Child Care Programs engage with families to provide a positive, appealing, inclusive and diverse environment for the children while being accountable to all participants.
Mid-Sun Out of School Care services kindergarten to grade six from Midnapore Elementary and St. Teresa of Calcutta School. Children will be transported via walking to and from their respective schools daily.
- Kindergarten Parents need to provide a daily lunch
- Parents of children in Grades 1 to 6 need to provide lunch on non-school days
- All children will need to bring their own snacks daily.
Monthly fees are on a per child basis and are as follows:
|Registration Fee||$75.00 non-refundable/transferrable|
|Grade 1 – 6; Morning Care||$190.00|
|Grade 1 – 6; After Care||$420.00|
|Grade 1 – 6; Before & After Care||$550.00 (includes non-school days)|
- Please refer to Parent Handbook 2022-23 for closure dates
- All children must be fully independent regarding bathroom use
Monday to Friday; 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; September to June; located upstairs in the Mid-Sun Community Centre
For more information on our Mid-Sun Out of School Care Program, please contact the Childcare Director, Kathy Babineau at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-256-4422.
Government Subsidy Information: For information on how to apply for child care subsidy
Calgary Immigrant Woman’s Association: Offers language training programs, bridge to work programs, employment support, family counselling, parenting programs, youth programs, etc.
Sage Centre & Rosedale Hospice: Offer grief counselling and support groups for children
Midnapore School Website: For school specific information, calendars, staff directory, etc.
Care Find: For locating child care in your community
ELCC & Community Development: Community based workshops for families and children (first aid, home alone courses, parenting workshops, etc.)
Food Bank: For families to access food if necessary
Alberta Health Services: South Calgary Health Centre, all services
Children’s Cottage Society: For families in crisis
Parent Link: Free resources and support for families