Garden Season 2022
Do you want to rent a Community Garden Plot? Please fill out the application form below! This form covers renewals, new gardeners, second plots, volunteering and sponsoring. After you have completed the below form, please be patient as someone from our Garden Committee will contact you with next steps. Mid-March is when you can expect someone to be in touch regarding plot assignment, welcome documents, and payment instructions.
If you submit an application with errors, please feel free to submit another application with a note asking us to ignore your initial submission.
The overall process of allocating plots will be as follows:
- Returning gardeners from 2021 will be able to renew one 2021 plot or be allocated a new plot
- New gardeners from 2022 will be allocated plots, in the order received
- Requests for second plots (if available) will be allocated after the above
Questions about the Community Garden?
Email the Garden Admin Committee at email@example.com. The Garden Admin Committee does not have a phone number.
The Mid-Sun Community Garden was founded in May 2009. A group of interested and enthusiastic Mid-Sun residents banded together to help build thirty 4′ x 8′ raised beds in the grassy area on the north side of the community centre.
In 2010, twenty more beds were added, as well as several perimeter fruit trees, Saskatoon bushes, and other landscaping considerations. There are now 62 garden beds and an ever expanding group of over 50 enthusiastic gardeners.
Have questions? Email the garden committee at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit our Facebook page www.facebook.com/
“We work together – grow together – learn together.”
- The Community Garden is a great asset of the Community Association to enhance the quality of life of individuals and families.
- The Garden creates a spirit of belonging and cooperation as we:
- Volunteer for Committee roles and general Work Bees to enhance of the Garden area and its features.
- Prepare the garden for each season
- Share gardening tips to enhance plant choices and productivity
- We celebrate individuality and Inclusiveness with gardeners of all ages, including children from Mid-Sun Day Care and Summer Camps.
Communication Among Mid-Sun Gardeners
- Timely notices of garden events, committee communications, and messages from the Garden Leadership Committee are distributed via email through email@example.com. Gardeners can communicate with the Garden Leadership Committee through this email address.
- Monthly articles are published in the Mid-Sun Messages, the Mid-Sun Community Association newsletter which is delivered via mail.