Garden Registration 2020
GARDEN PLOT RENEWAL
Current season gardeners currently in good standing are eligible to Renew Registration of their plot for next year’s season. To ensure securing the same garden plot, renewal must be complete by Nov 30th. An email has been sent to all eligible gardeners. Garden Plot Renewal will be from Nov 1 – Nov 30, 2019.
All renewing gardeners have an account with the Mid-Sun Community Association! Please do not create a duplicate account when registering online!!
Login to your account, select the appropriate Community Garden Activity, Register and Pay using Visa or MasterCard.
If you can not recall which email address you used, or what your password was, or you have not activated online access, please call Vanessa, the Community Center Facility Coordinator, at 403.254.8058. Alternately you can email her at email@example.com.
Again, if you are a renewing gardener, please DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT.
AFTER REGISTERING AND PAYING ONLINE
Print the Garden Plot Rental Agreement which will be attached to the Registration Confirmation Email emailed by the software system. Complete and sign the Agreement. Either scan the document and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver it the Community Centre office (50 Midpark Rise SE).
RENEWING IN PERSON
Visit the Community Center Office. Complete the required paperwork and pay using Visa, MasterCard, or cash.
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CA ONLINE ACCOUNT AND HOW TO USE IT
Email Vanessa at email@example.com or phone her at 403.254.8058.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE COMMUNITY GARDEN
- Or Email the Garden Administration Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- (The Garden Administration Team does not have a phone number)
The Mid-Sun Community Garden was founded in May 2009. A group of interested and enthusiastic Mid-Sun residents banded together to help build thirty 8′ x 4′ raised beds for the grassy area on the north side of the community centre.
In 2010, twenty more beds were added, as well as several perimeter fruit trees, Saskatoon bushes, and other landscaping considerations. There are now over 60 garden beds and an ever expanding, enthusiastic garden committee made up of over 20 dedicated volunteers.www.facebook.com/
“We work together – grow together – learn together.”
- The Community Garden is a great asset of the Community Association to enhance the quality of life of individuals and families.
- The Garden creates a spirit of belonging and cooperation as we:
- Volunteer for Team roles and general Work Bees to enhance of the Garden area and its features.
- Prepare the garden for each season
- Share gardening tips to enhance plant choices and productivity
- We celebrate individuality and Inclusiveness with gardeners of all ages, including children from Mid-Sun Day Care and Summer Camps.
Communication Among Mid-Sun Gardeners
- Timely notices of garden events, team communications, and messages from the Garden Leadership Team are distributed via email through email@example.com. Gardeners can communicate with the Garden Leadership Team through this email address.
- Monthly articles are published in the Mid-Sun Messages, the Mid-Sun Community Association newsletter which is delivered via mail.
- Go to the Mid-Sun Community Garden Blog for more information and to post your comments. Topics include:
- Upcoming events
- Garden News
- Garden Registration Process & Plot Rental Agreement
- Garden Leadership Team
- Gardener Teams
- Mid-Sun Community Garden History
You can find our current garden events under our Mid-Sun Community Events page!
The Parks department is launching a new tree planting initiative targeting 25 communities each year over the next three years. These communities where chosen based on many factors, the main ones being storm damage, open canopy space and community interest. This will be replacing the current NeighbourWoods program. The plan is to ‘blitz’ communities by planting trees and providing the community with education activities.
How is this different from NeighbourWoods?
This program will not be asking residents to register their property for a tree, the tree locations will be pre chosen by Urban Forestry. If a tree location is on the back of walk of a property, that home owner will be notified a minimum of two weeks before the tree is planted. This program will also be planting in locations where dead City trees have been removed, as well as replacing storm damaged trees.
Click here for more details: www.calgary.ca/trees