Important Information for Garden Registration 2019/2020
If you would like to be involved with our Community Garden for the upcoming 2019/2020 season, you can register for a Garden Plot online starting January 3rd, 9AM. Otherwise, you can register in-house beginning January 7th, 9AM. For instructions on how to register, please click here.
Click here to Register for a Garden Plot for the 2019/2020 season!
Early Garden Registration
If you were a gardener for the 2018/2019 Gardening Season and you finished your season in good standing, you have been automatically enrolled in our 2019/2020 Gardening Season. An email has been sent to you including instructions on how to pay for your plot online, a 2019/2020 Garden Contract, and a list of Mandatory Volunteer Positions. You are required to:
- Garden 2019/2020 Payment. Pay for your plot using your online account (Visa and Mastercard only). Otherwise, please visit the Community Centre and pay using Credit, Debit, or Cash. If you have signed up for Mid-Sun programs online before, your username/password should be the same. If you are unsure of your username/password for your online account, please contact Mid-Sun’s Facility Coordinator, Vanessa at 403-254-8058 or email email@example.com. She can give you your Login credentials. Please DO NOT create a new account online. All gardeners from 2018/2019 have had an account created for them and have been pre-registered for the appropriate Garden Activity.
- Print your contract and sign it. Scan and send your contract to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Browse the Mandatory Volunteer Positions available. Choose a position and include your selection in your email to email@example.com.
More specific instructions have been included in the email sent December 5th from our Facility Coordinator at Mid-Sun, Vanessa.
If you cannot find this email, you can also access these documents by clicking the following links or you can send an email to Vanessa at firstname.lastname@example.org:
If you have questions regarding your online account, please contact Mid-Sun’s Facility Coordinator, Vanessa, at email@example.com or 403-254-8058.
If you have questions regarding how a garden plot works, what is expected of gardeners, and other general garden inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The garden committee is organized by a lovely group of community volunteers. This email is the only form of contact to speak with someone from the Garden Committee.
The Mid-Sun Community Garden was founded in May 2009. A group of interested and enthusiastic Mid-Sun residents banded together to help build thirty 8′ x 4′ raised beds for the grassy area on the north side of the community centre.
In 2010, twenty more beds were added, as well as several perimeter fruit trees, Saskatoon bushes, and other landscaping considerations. There are now over 60 garden beds and an ever expanding, enthusiastic garden committee made up of over 20 dedicated volunteers.
Have questions? Email the garden committee at: email@example.com.
Community Garden Motto
“We work together – grow together – learn together.”
- The Community Garden is a great asset of the Community Association to enhance the quality of life of individuals and families.
- The Garden creates a spirit of belonging and cooperation as we:
- Volunteer for Team roles and general Work Bees to enhance of the Garden area and its features.
- Prepare the garden for each season
- Share gardening tips to enhance plant choices and productivity
- We celebrate individuality and Inclusiveness with gardeners of all ages, including children from Mid-Sun Day Care and Summer Camps.
Communication Among Mid-Sun Gardeners
- Timely notices of garden events, team communications, and messages from the Garden Leadership Team are distributed via email through firstname.lastname@example.org. Gardeners can communicate with the Garden Leadership Team through this email address.
- Monthly articles are published in the Mid-Sun Messages, the Mid-Sun Community Association newsletter which is delivered via mail.
- Go to the Mid-Sun Community Garden Blog for more information and to post your comments. Topics include:
- Upcoming events
- Garden News
- Garden Registration Process & Plot Rental Agreement
- Garden Leadership Team
- Gardener Teams
- Mid-Sun Community Garden History
The Parks department is launching a new tree planting initiative targeting 25 communities each year over the next three years. These communities where chosen based on many factors, the main ones being storm damage, open canopy space and community interest. This will be replacing the current NeighbourWoods program. The plan is to ‘blitz’ communities by planting trees and providing the community with education activities.
How is this different from NeighbourWoods?
This program will not be asking residents to register their property for a tree, the tree locations will be pre chosen by Urban Forestry. If a tree location is on the back of walk of a property, that home owner will be notified a minimum of two weeks before the tree is planted. This program will also be planting in locations where dead City trees have been removed, as well as replacing storm damaged trees.
Click here for more details: www.calgary.ca/trees