The Mid-Sun Community Association offers a variety of recreational and creative activities designed to enhance the quality of life for residents of Midnapore and Sundance, as well as others living in and around the south Calgary area. We offer fun and active programs for all members of the family. The Community Association Board acts as a liaison between residents, community stakeholders, and various levels of government, as well as being directly involved with infrastructure concerns in the two communities it represents. Please explore our website, where you’ll find information about our diverse programming, as well as upcoming special events and community affairs.
What’s New at Mid-Sun?
- Tuesday’s Schedule: Due to our staffing capabilities, the office will be closed on Tuesdays between 4:00PM and 5:00PM. The Community Centre will still remain open to the public; however, office assistance will be unavailable until 5:00PM. The office will remain open from 5:00PM until 9:00PM. Thank you for understanding.
- Parking: We understand that parking may be limited during peak hours at the Centre. Please keep in mind that is it required by law to provide ample space throughout a parking lot for emergency vehicles to maneuver in case of an emergency. If you are not parking in a valid parking spot, you will receive a parking notice from the Community Centre. Multiple notices may result in receiving a ticket from the City of Calgary Parking Authorities. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
- Fall Programs: Registration for our fall programming will begin August 15. We have introduced many new programs this year and we can’t wait for you to join us. Please browse through our programs and contact Caroline, our Recreation Programmer, if you have any questions. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (403) 254-8058 ext 232.
- No More Coin: Starting September 1st, the Community Centre will no longer be accepting coin as a form of payment. Due to the little intake of loose coin, our financial reports and our deposits have not been complementing one another; therefore, causing irregularities during our audits. We will be accepting payment via Debit, Credit, and Paper Bills only.
- Memberships Available Now: Please keep in mind that memberships for the 2018/2019 year will return to being $20.00. This $20.00 cost goes towards our programs, events, and facility to keep our Mid-Sun Community Centre open to our residents and others in the south of Calgary. It also provides our members with a $10 discount on all programs offered throughout the year and select discounts with local businesses in the community! For more information, please contact our Facility Coordinator at (403) 254-8058 or email@example.com.